For a research group in the JRC in Ispra, two new open positions as external consultants are available. In the context of an international and multicultural environment, the ideal candidate has consolidated experience with project management tools and organizational skills. The production of reports and project documentation is also requested, as well as dissemination and presentation skills.
- Very good knowledge and thorough experience with the existing common agricultural policy (CAP) related methods, tools and datasets
- Experience in working with pan-EU spatial datasets (i.e. provided by Copernicus Land Monitoring Services, LUCAS, etc.)
- Familiarity with cloud processing aspects, in particular Copernicus DIAS
- Good understanding of principles of the CAP Checks by Monitoring, its Quality Assessment Framework and the future Area Monitoring System
- Very good knowledge of remote sensing methods and GIS systems
- Very good knowledge on the aspect of land cover, soil and land use, at conceptual level
- Understanding principles of the LULUCF framework
- Ability to understand and create conceptual frameworks (including UML). Experience in standardization of GI
- Experience in working with the GNSS-enabled field devices and geotagged photos
Highly motivated, experience and ability in working in an international/multicultural environment, and the ability to participate in multi-lingual meetings (Fluent English mandatory).
In case one or more ideal characteristics are lacking from your CV, we encourage to apply anyway for this position.