For a research group in the JRC in Ispra, a new open position as external consultant is available. The ideal candidate is a Remote Sensing analyst for Remote Sensing (RS) and Geographic Information System (GIS) data analysis and processing, with special emphasis on Copernicus Sentinel data (best for agricultural applications).
The candidate will provide:
- support in data analysis and processing for agricultural applications
- solutions for identified image/data analyses tasks
- support porting of relevant algorithms and methods for analysis and development
The requested skills are:
- Professional experience on Commercial and Open source RS and GIS software tools
- PostgreSQL/POSTGIS professional experience
- Python programming professional experience on
- pandas, numpy, matplotlib;
- Machine learning libraries (Scikit-learn, Tensorflow)
- Professional knowledge of ESA toolkits (sen2cor, s1tbx)
Highly motivated, experience and ability in working in an international/multicultural environment, and the ability to participate in multi-lingual meetings.
In case one or more ideal characteristics are lacking from your CV, we encourage to apply anyway for this position.