For a research group in the JRC, the European Union Joint Research Centre in Ispra, a new open position as external consultant is available.
What we offer
- Flat hierarchy
- Work on a cross-functional team to build easy to use Web and GIS applications
- Create workflows to process satellite data to produce enriched geographic dataset
- Participation in the definition of the new applications and/or technical solutions
- Review requirements, propose and implement solutions
- Participation in meetings with stakeholders from all over the world and from major public agency
- Perform regular code reviews to improve and evolve
- ** EU Citizenship **
- 3+ years of professional software development experience
- Extensive experience in Python programming
- Django REST framework professional knowledge
- Docker professional knowledge
- Git regular usage
- Linux knowledge
- Kubernetes knowledge
- Cloud services
- PostGIS knowledge
- MapServer knowledge
The working language will be English.
- Bachelor degree in a relevant discipline
In case one or more ideal characteristics are lacking from your CV, we encourage to apply anyway for this position.