For the project “Satellite based mapping and monitoring of European peatland and wetland for LULUCF and agriculture” in the JRC in Ispra, two open positions as external consultant are available. The ideal candidates are GIS/Remote Sensing experts.
What we offer
- As freelance, gross salary around 140.000 €/year; as employee the salary will be agreed during the interviews.
- High level professional experience with GIS tools, remote sensing data and processing
- Remote Sensing image processing and classification
- Knowledge and experience with the existing Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) related methods, data
- Experience in working with pan–EU spatial datasets (LUCAS, etc.)
- Reporting scientific documentation
- Understanding principles of the LULUCF framework
- ** EU Citizenship **
- Master degree
- 7+ years of professional experience
The candidates must have professional experience of all the technical requirements, be highly motivated, show experience and ability in working in an international/multicultural environment, and the ability to participate in multi-lingual meetings.