For the JRC, the European Union Joint Research Centre in Ispra, a new open position as external consultant is available. We look for an expert in land cover classification of remote sensing imagery, including Sentinels (1 and 2) and very high-resolution imagery.
The successful candidate will work on mapping commodities that are part of the new European Deforestation Regulation in order to support countries in access to land use reference and monitoring information based on land cover/land use classification and mapping.
The ideal candidate should have:
– Background in environmental sciences, agriculture or forestry combined with extensive experience in the use of remote sensing data for land use mapping and monitoring possibly in tropical and subtropical countries
– Experience in classification of remote sensing data
– Experience in mapping and monitoring agricultural commodities with remote sensing
– Experience in coding in cloud computing environments
– Asset: previous experience in mapping/monitoring forests or tropical agricultural commodities
Highly motivated, experience and ability in working in an international/multicultural environment, and the ability to participate in multi-lingual meetings.
In case one or more ideal characteristics are lacking from your CV, we encourage to apply anyway for this position.
– EU RESIDENCY REQUESTED –